So two things began today. I began the Body for Life diet, and the Cubs begin the 2006 season. Let’s hope both go well.
I actually got up this morning at 5:10am and worked out. It wasn’t easy I won’t lie, but the feeling of doing that, and then you have the rest of the day in front of you is really quite wonderful. But I don’t want to have to go to bed at 9:00pm every night do I? I suppose at this point in my life I have no excuse to not do something like this, but I’ve never really tried it before, so any prayers you wanna send up for me would be most appreciated. If I’m successful, I’ll put up before and after pictures (and I’ll make sure to get my whole body waxed, whiten my teeth, and be in much better lighting like all the other before and after pictures).
I also was going to do a Cubs Season Preview kind of thing, but I guess I’m a little late for that now. I’ve been planning this diet all weekend, and it just slipped my mind to do this. So I’ll just run through my quick baseball thoughts:
– I’m pretending like Wood and Prior don’t exist, because this is getting ridiculous
– I like how young and how fast we are now, but there are still a lot of question marks, too many to really have high expectations this year. But hope springs eternal on Opening Day.
– I’m actually very excited to see Murton and Cedeno playing everyday
– The White Sox are going to be really good again
– The Cardinals and Astros will not be as good, and I think the NL Central could really be up for grabs. But I think the Cubs just have too many question marks, but here’s my prediction for the NL Central:
– I think it’s time the Braves got dethroned, but they’ll still be right around 10 or 12 games over 500 I think, and it’s just going to be up to the Phillies or the Mets to actually win. In other words, I don’t think the Braves will choke. I hope the Phillies do it.
Well I think that’s it for now. I’m still not sure how I’m going to organize my baseball thoughts as the season goes on, but I’ll figure out something.