So my fantasy football draft for my first league (I decided to do two this year.Â The other draft is on 9/5) is tomorrow night.Â I’m immensely excited, as I just plain love football (especially when the Cubs suck as much as they do), and doing live fantasy football drafts is so much fun.Â I’ll post my team tomorrow night or Saturday, for you millions of fans who care.
So until then, a bunch of quick sports thoughts:
- I’m so glad my fantasy leagues haven’t drafted yet, because there is way too much confusion already with the whole Portis/Duckett thing.Â Portis’ value just plummeted faster than the Red Sox last weekend (sorry Tim).
- Speaking of which, I’m kind of glad that the Cubs have been out of it since May, so I don’t have to go through the heartbreak now that all Red Sox fans are going through
- Also speaking of which, I hate the Yankees
- Cedric Benson is an idiot, and until he actually plays a game well, I don’t understand why there’s any debate over who the Bear’s starting RB is (hint, it rhymes with Fromas Jones)
- Lelie is on the Falcons now, so apparently Angelo didn’t get my letter.Â However, I do have to say that Rashied Davis has been quite a surprise, and looks like he could be a legitimate #3 receiver, which makes things slightly more interesting (pushing it to an interest level of 4 out of 10) in the Justin Gage/Mark Bradley/Bernard Berrian battle of mediocrity.Â Prove me wrong, kids.Â Prove me wrong!
- Grossman is going to be the starter on opening day if he doesn’t get hurt, no matter how badly he plays in the rest of the preseason.Â So all the sports mags can drop that controversy for now.Â Believe me, they’ve been babying Grossman for 3 years, I can’t imagine they’re going to stop now.
- I really want to get Reggie Bush in fantasy, but he’s going to go way too high
I guess that’s all I got for now.